Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Surgery Results

For those of you who know me well know that Jesse and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 3 and a half years. We have been unsuccessful to create a baby and it has been difficult for us, especially for me. I have gone through testing and he has gone through testing, but no reasons found to prevent pregnancy. It has been a very frustrating thing for me to not get pregnant and have no reason why or what could possibly be preventing it. Well when we moved here to Charlotte and I had health insurance I made an appointment with a doctor that was recommended to me by a ward member. He is an awesome and kind doctor who truly cares. I feel comfortable with him and his knowledge and skill, which is important in a relationship with a doctor. Especially that kind of doctor. So after my first visit we discussed all of my past history and tests. I explained that my monthly period and other things have changed the past year and was concerned that I could have endometreosis. He felt like the changes I've had could very well be endometreosis and I had the symptoms of it. So he ordered an ultrasound to take a better look at my ovaries and uterus. Well the results of the ultrasound were interesting. It showed what appeared to be a large cyst off of my right ovary. So he gave me the choice to have a laparoscopy or to just wait 6 weeks and do another ultrasound to see if there are any changes. I opted for the surgery to get things moving and find out for sure if I have endometreosis. Well I had the surgery yesterday the 3rd of April @ 7:00 am. I was put under I.V. sedation. The results of the surgery were positive. I definitely have endometreosis! He removed a large cyst off of my right ovary and a small blood filled cyst off of my left ovary. In talking with him he said I had a pretty severe case of endometreosis and he removed approx 15 implantations around my uterus and ovaries. He also put dye through my fallopian tubes to make sure they were clear, and they are. And while he was in there he checked my appendix and liver. They are fine. They took pictures of all the implants before they were removed and then pictures after. So cool that they can do that. So I am home now recovering from this. I got home about 1:30 yesterday. The surgery took 2 hours and then it took me another 2-3 to wake up and be alert enough to get dressed and in the car. I am pretty sore and sleeping a lot. But I am so glad he found something and that it was successful. He feels like it will help with my infertility. So we will see! I am hoping. He said in 6 weeks if I am not pregnant that I will receive a depo shot for 6 months. It basically put me into menopause and I wont ovulate for that period of time. The reason for this is to get rid of any endometreosis that could still form. I will probably have hot flashes and other symptoms from it though. But if it helps it will be ok. So that's the scoop on me. Thank you to my family who has cared and supported me through all of this. And thank you to all my friends. Your love and support had meant so much to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hope everything works out for you. We love you Clingers. -The Tollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that this is the solution for you. It was so hard for me to want a baby not get one, and I only had to wait a year. So best of luck! We'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad he found endometreosis. It sounds like there was a lot of it. I was frustrated afterward because it took so long to diagnose mine, so I know how you must feel, glad to have found some, but frustrated it took so long. Well Jen my thoughts are prayers are with you and Jesse!! Glad to hear you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete