Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Spring 10'







Summer is going by quickly and so much has happened. Jesse finished school in May and we moved to a new apartment and the end of May. We are living just a few miles away from where we were, but in a better part of town. We love it in our new apartment! It's close to restaurants and shopping, they are much newer apartments, and we pay a little less for a lot more space. We have another bed and bath now, which we needed the space. Out kitties love to go out on the balcony and bask in the sun and chill with us out there. Before we moved my mom came out to visit for Mothers day for the weekend. We LOVED having her here and miss her! My mom is the best! We took her to Macs speed shop (which is the best BBQ in Charlotte) after we picked her up from the airport. Friday we went to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC and played all day. It was a blast. She loved it there in Ashville, which we do too. A artsy, quaint town in the mountains. What's not to like. There is a possibility that we may move there the 4th year of Jesse's schooling for rotations. I wouldn't mind moving there, but I would prefer not to have to move! Back to my mom, Saturday we went to Jesse's school and looked around on campus, visited the apartments we now live in, went to dinner, and rested. Sunday was church and we rested some more and just enjoyed visiting. Monday morning came :( and I took my mom to the Flying Biscuit for breakfast (great breakfast place) and then said goodbye and the airport. We are sure glad she came to visit :) Jesse wasn't able to get a Pharmacy Intern position for the summer, so he is working at the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte. They have rafting, kayaking, canoeing, biking, zip lines, rock climbing, hiking, and a restaurant. A outdoor enthusiast dream! He is working at the restaurant in the kitchen. He enjoys it, but it's hard work for little pay. But it's a job! Today is the 4th of July and he has been working all weekend. So tonight I am going to the whitewater center to watch fireworks (by myself:( )and Jesse might get a break to come hang out with me during fireworks. We both have Monday off, so we are going to go play all day at the Whitewater center. YEAH! Plus he gets to do everything free and I get a discount. BONUS. Oh, and I went to Girls Camp last week as a leader. It was a blast! The girls are so awesome. I was in the first level, which means I was with a lot of 12 and 13 yr old girls and it was there first time. We had some homesick girls and nervousness, but they did alright. I was homesick too missing Jesse, my bed, my shower, my kitties, etc. There was no reception, so I couldn't even call Jes :( That is the longest we have been apart since we've been married. We got to go Whitewater rafting down the Nanahala gorge for a few hours and it was gorgeous and so much fun. I just love the YW and I'm so glad the Lord called me to serve them. I am a Miamaid advisor by the way. That's our summer so far. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. So happy I logged on when you recently posted! So good hear your happenings. I miss you so much my friend! I cannot wait till you guys visit your family next. Sounds like a fun deal with Jesse working at the whitewater center. I can't believe we never went down there to check it out before we left. I think my dad took my girls one day. Anyhow. Maybe you could post some fun pics. :) Hope your fireworks show was awesome!!! I sure love ya.

    ReplyDelete