Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving/Jenny's 29th Birthday

So Thanksgiving was wonderful and busy for us. Wednesday night was our traditional ward Thanksgiving dinner, which I helped with. I am on on the activities committee now. So lots to do and cook! We didn't think we would have enough food due to how many people came. About 250 people came, which is wonderful and there were a lot of investigators there as well. So we worried that there wouldn't be enough food due to more people than we planned for. But the Lord blessed our efforts and food and multiplied it. I don't know how there was enough, and everyone got plenty. So I am truly grateful for a mindful and loving Heavenly Father. It turned out great and was a fun activity. Thanksgiving day we went to the Baker's home for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nummy! I love turkey dinner, it's my favorite. A few other ward members were invited as well (the Thackers and Giffords). So it was wonderful to be with families this year. Not lonely or depressing, although I miss my family terribly. After our wonderful dinner we played games and the kids loved it. We are grateful for our ward family who has taken us and and loved us! I love the Matthews ward! Friday I took down Autumn decor and put up Christmas decor. What a job. But my home sure looks festive and cute. That evening we went out to a appointment with the missionaries and then went to see A Christmas Carol at the theater. I has Jim Carrey in it and we liked it, but decided it would be very scary for kids. I must admit it got a little scary for us. We are wimps. We saw it in 3-D at the IMAX theater which is amazing. And my ticket was free because it was my birthday, or close enough to it (the night before). Saturday was my Birthday! I woke up and put up the Christmas tree while watching Hallmark Christmas movies. Then did chores around the house (yes I still have to do chores on my b-day). Around four I opened my gifts! I loved everything I received. I am so blessed to have a generous and loving family including my in-laws. I mostly got money, but also a few other things. Jesse gave me a parfume that I've been wanting since we discovered at Disney World. I smelled it in France @ Epcot and loved it, which I don't love perfume. Well I thought we could just get it at a department store, but no one carries it. It is rare and imported from France. So after searching in stores and online he found it on e-bay. It's called Eau De Shalimar (not the original Shalimar). I love it. Cami gave me a GC to Kohls, which I bought a sexy cute gray pencil skirt and gorgeous black heels. Char made me a custom watch that is so cute. I love it! I was wanting a new watch too. Thanks Char. I love watches! And the rest is $. After presents we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I love it! And then did some shopping at Southpark mall, which Jesse wasen't in the mood to do, but barley endured it because it was my birthday. So it has been a eventful Thanksgiving break and tomorrow it's back to work. I am excited that it is officially the Christmas season. Now it's time to go shopping:) And also I started selling Gold Canyon Candles again. They are the best candles and I've been burning them for probably close to 10 years, so why not sell them. I sold them for a few years in UT and decided to start again here in NC. Most people here have never heard of them, so that is to my advantage. Happy Holidays to my Family and Friends! May you remember the reason for this time of year and give thanks each day for a loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment